Skip to main content

Office of the Monroe County Circuit Clerk
W. Robert McMillan

Go Search
Circuit Clerk of Monroe County Alabama

 Child Support

General contact information is available below for the Alabama Central Disbursement Division (ACDD) and Monroe County's DHR center.

Alabama Central Disbursement Division Department of Human Resources
P.O. Box 4960
Montgomery, AL 36103-4960
Phone: 1-877-774-9513
Voice Response: 1-888-726-9799
Fax: (334) 954-5181
25 Legion Dr
Monroeville, AL 36460
Phone: (251) 743-5900

   Once a Child Support case is filed, it takes an average of two weeks to be processed. It is given a case number, assigned a court date and issued for service on the defendant. The defendant must be served the paperwork before the case can proceed. Both parties will need to bring documents and be prepared to give testimony to back up your side of the case.

   If you are being represented by the Department of Human Resources, you will need to stay in contact with your case worker regarding your case. All notices regarding your case will be mailed to your case worker. If you are represented by a private attorney, you will need to stay in contact with him/her regarding your case. By law, we cannot give legal advice. If you need an attorney, you can contact one of the organizations listed.

   To change your address for child support payments, you must complete and mail a Change of Address form.(Change of Address and/or Name).We do not accept this information by phone.

   To notify the court of a change of employment, please complete and return to the Clerk's Office a Change of Employment form (A Notice of Change in Defendant's Employment and Request for Service). Please include a physical address of the employer. If the employer is out of state or all you have is a P.O. Box, you will need to prepare certified mail receipts and send a check or money order to the Circuit Clerk for $5.54 or the proper certified mail rate.”

  If all children in the court order have reached the age of majority (19), you can terminate the Income Withholding Order for Child Support, if no arrearage is owed. Complete and return to the Clerk's Office a Motion to Terminate the Income Withholding Order (Affidavit for Termination of Withholding Order for Support). Once the Judge has signed the order to terminate, the employer will be notified to stop deductions.

Required Child Support Forms

W. Robert McMillan
Circuit Clerk

On-Demand Trial Court Records