DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO PROCESS A PASSPORT
1. $110.00 Personal Check, Cashier’s check or Postal Money Order made payable to U.S. Dept of State. If the Applicant is
the under Age of 16, the Fee will be $80.00. We cannot accept Cash or Credit/Debit Cards for these fees.
2. Include Applicant’s full name and date of birth on the check or money order
3. Fill Out Application in BLACK ink.
4. Certified copy of Birth Certificate
5. One (1) Passport Photo (available locally at Cory McDonald's, Walgreens, and Wal-Mart)
6. Current Driver’s license
7. $25.00 Execution fee (personal check or cash) If check made out to W. R. McMillan
8. To Expedite, Cashier’s Check or Postal Money Order is $185.45 for an adult and $155.45 for a child younger than
16 years old. Also a check to USPS for $23.75 for Expedited Service
9. Please call 251-743-2283 for an exact appointment time on the day you plan to come and have the application
sent to U. S. Passport Agency.
10. Both parents must be present (or consent of missing parent)for a child less than 16 years old.
11. For additional information go to travel.state.gov
It takes generally 4-6 weeks for the National Passport Agency to process your application. Expedited service is usually 2-3 weeks. I recommend that if you are leaving in three months or less, then you expedite your process. This way if the State Department has any problems with your application, you will have time to make the necessary corrections or obtain additional documentation before your trip. I mail applications every day at 4:00 P.M.
If you have any questions regarding the applications process, please give me a call at (251) 743-2283. As of February 1, 2004, all passport applicants must appear in person. (Including minors under age 16.) Also, as of 2-1-2008, any minor under the age of 16 requires the consent of both parents.
The most of the above information is for application for a first time adult passport. There are some special rules for children and/or minors so we ask that you contact us ahead of time and let us explain what is required for obtaining their passport. For additional information visit travel.state.gov